This week we had a team training evening focussing on denim, and boy do we have a lot of it at The Dressing Room. We focused on key brands such as J Brand, Current Elliott and Paige learning all about fit and key features to ensure you get the best possible advice when buying denim. We wanted to share all that knowledge we soaked up to help you decide on your next pair of jeans….
We started with J Brand, a popular brand at The DR and one we are passionate about selling as we are totally in love with them!
J brand launched in 2004 and is a California based brand specialising in timeless, classic and sophisticated jeans with a passion to make women look and feel beautiful – sounds like a good start to us! J brand was the first company to drive the skinny jean trend with global distribution and we are massive fans of them here!!
Key features with J brand Jeans:
- Fit close to the body hugging every curve
- In 20-30 mins they will have just right amount of give in the thigh
- The fabric on the thigh is tapered, eliminating excessive stretching
- If too tight in the rise, go up a size
- High pocket placement to make the bum look perky
- A classic jean with a twist
The photo ready fabric by J brand is the latest in denim technology offering you a jean which is slimming and has great recovery so they will never go baggy or loose around the bum. The combination makes for the perfect photo finish look and creates the ideal silhouette. These are a popular style due to the flattering washes and the comfortable fit, making you feel good in your own skin. We have picked out two of our Brand New Photo Ready styles…..
Another brand we are super obsessed with at the moment is Paige Denim. The brand started in February 2005 and was founded by Paige-Adams-Gellar who was the original fit model working with the market’s top premium denim brands. She is the only female founder in premium denim and she shook up the industry when she launched her first collected in 2004. The jeans are thoroughly tested to make sure they are suitable to take you from morning to moonlight comfortably.
- The back pockets are graded per jean size, so you get the perfect pocket on every size – giving you a great looking bottom!
- Side seam is placed forward an inch, giving the illusion of slimmer legs
- The branded whipstitch on the back pockets represent 9 lives
- Pre-shrunken cotton waistband to ensure the waist doesn’t stretch out
- The yolk (the section above the pockets) is smaller so the pockets sit higher on your bum, again giving the illusion of a pert derriere!
The Transcend fabric from Paige uses fiber technology to bring you the ultimate skinny jean to add to your wardrobe. Years of testing and expertise ensure that this fabric is super soft, does not stretch out and combines luxury and comfort. As well as key features such as the side seam pulled forward and the pocket’s slightly higher on the bum…The end result gives you a flawless finish, a gorgeous silhouette and a happy customer!
Another few general tips to care for your jeans:
- Wash them inside out on a cold wash to keep the colour and fit.
- Never tumble dry your jeans – this will make them loose their elasticity
- Air dry your jeans, don’t put them on the radiator – this will break the fibres in the denim and result in them bagging out
- Beware of colour rub on light coloured fabrics for the 1st few wears!
Don’t forget to take a look in our Denim Room for a wide range of styles from J Brand, Paige, Current Elliott, Frame, 2nd Day and Hudson Jeans. If you need some advice, our stylists are all on hand to help and to give you some tips. Just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01727 853577. We also have great tutorials on our Youtube channel where we can help you find the perfect jeans for your body shape…..http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDressingRoomTV